Saturday, August 10, 2013

more sewing...

 I have made this big squishy cushion.  It is 60x60cm and I have had the fabric for a long time.  It feels sooooo good to be at the sewing machine again.  Completing two projects now in a couple of weeks which is big, it's been a while since I could say that.
This gorgeous 50s inspired print is one of the many fabrics I have been hoarding in my stash not wanting to cut into!!  I know I am not the only one that does that but it's a crazy thing isn't it.
Anyway I have decided to slowly go through my "never to be cut" fabrics and cut into them and actually make something with them!! Now there's an idea
 It will be hard, but I have to do it.....no more hoarding it.  It's lovely to see this on the couch.  Why did I keep the fabric in the cupboard for so long.....
Also another good reason,   if I am using my fabric it is of course a good excuse to buy more

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm still trying to build up the courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous fabric. I love the huge pink roses. I agree, there is no point in keeping things for good. You should use them and enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete