Saturday, October 12, 2013

baking...

 I have been making cupcakes again! and I was asked on Instagram how do I make vegan cupcakes so I thought I would post it on here instead of typing into my phone.
It's so easy to do vegan baking.  All I do is use substitutes in a normal recipe.  I also use gluten free flour and that's the only way I do gluten free baking as well.
This recipe is a Nigella recipe from her Nigella Bites book.

125 grams SR gluten free flour (or normal flour)
125 grams of vegan margarine (I use Nuttelex)
125 grams sugar
egg replacer for 2 eggs (I use Orgran Egg Replacer)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
a few tablespoon of rice milk (or any  milk substitute)
 
Mix all ingredients in your mix master except milk and then add milk until you have a smooth thick batter.  Divide mixture into patty pans and cook on 200c for 12-15 minutes.
I double this recipe as it doesn't make much at all.  Double makes about 14 medium size cupcakes.
I then ice them using Nuttelex again
 
enjoy!!