Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Xmas.....

Some recent baking, with lots more happening in the kitchen today......
No matter how simple we keep Xmas I still seem to panic at the last minute...I don't know why, I just do.  But this year I refuse to panic.  We do a cold/warm lunch and today I am making salads. A curried rice salad, a spicy pasta salad and some others and then tomorrow morning I will do a garden salad and a broccoli and cauliflower bake and baby spuds in mint and there will be a three different desserts as well. I was so happy to find that Coles have a matured Xmas pudding that is vegan friendly.  That will be so nice with soy ice cream and/or whipped coconut cream. The best thing for me is that it is all so tasty but will ALL be vegan.  Well for some of us anyway.  Hubby, my youngest and my mum still insist on eating animals some of the time and so they are having ham with their lunch which upsets me but maybe by next year finally there will be NO dead animals on the table.  All plant based and spicy and delicious.
If  you do Xmas, I hope it's a good one and you get to chill out and enjoy yourself.
AND
on Boxing Day new Doctor Who is on!! which of course, is BETTER than Xmas

1 comment:

  1. Your baking looks so delicious and I did some vegetarian cooking this Christmas!!! Doctor Who was so good, and not really too sad either!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.......